Holistic education encompasses development of the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains. While the degree of proficiency required in these areas may vary with the profession one chooses, it is imperative that students are provided the opportunity for development of each of these domains. SelaQui curriculum is designed to ensure this.
Cognitive Domain Covers
· Complex thinking skills
· Information gathering and processing skills
· Collaboration and cooperation skills
· Communication skills
· Productive habits of mind (critical, creative and self regulated thinking)
Affective Domain Covers
· Discipline, Responsibility, Values and Leadership
· Emotional intelligence, viz, ability to manage emotions, manage ones
· motivation, empathy and managing relationships.
· Stages of development, viz, trust, autonomy, initiative, competence and identity.
Psychomotor Domain Covers
· Physical fitness - the emphasis is on strength, endurance, flexibility, speed and coordination.
· Skill at individual and team games.
All round development of students is ensured through two complimentary processes. Each student is assessed on the various parameters of each of the three domains. This ensures that they focus on these areas and produce creditable performances.
Simultaneously, through our tutorial system each teacher mentors 8 to 9 students round the year to ensure that regular coaching and counseling is available to them.
At the start of the academic year students set targets for achievement in each of the parameters that are assessed. Their progress is thereafter monitored regularly right through the year by the tutor and interventions provided whenever necessary. This is reviewed every month by the house mentor and Headmaster.